Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Beginning

It all started with the passion to help those in need. I have spoken to numerous non-profits and nearly all of them are in dire need of IT folks. Only one problem ... they have no money. That's not a situation you want to be in, especially in today's highly competitive IT market. I have heard a lot of "horror stories" in which IT people were hired, and half way through a project, they accepted another job with higher pay and left the non-profit to fend for themselves. Or a volunteer started helping them to build a website and half way through, quit. So I accepted a project here, a project there, and next thing I knew...I was drowned with work. I thought there HAS to be an easier way to not only provide non-profits with IT volunteers, but maintain a high level of quality. I definitely didn't want to be one of those volunteers that left the non-profit hanging. Whatever it was that I would do next, I wanted to make sure the Mission was, "To provide quality IT services to Non-Profits and good causes around the World." Thus, IVW was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment