Wednesday, January 28, 2009

LinkedIn

I started out by creating a group called IT Volunteers Worldwide (IVW) on LinkedIn. I chose LinkedIn because I already have a profile, and with over 4000 connections, I thought...."why not?!". To my surprise, the group grew at a rate of 30 new users a week. With the total members reaching 275 in just a little under 3 months things started to get a little hectec. I had non-profits posting projects, I had volunteers posting irrelavant posts, etc. Things started to get a little out of hand and most importantly off track from the IVW Mission. So in order to bring it all together, I posted a rule that all non-profits should follow IF they would like an IVW volunteer to assist them. Since the posting, I had numerous non-profits contact me to get their projects posted to the rest of the IVW group, which I am currently working on. This is a temporary solution. So thus, I registered...

No comments:

Post a Comment